Recessed Acrylic Box Frame
Acrylic picture frame with built-in spacer
Recessed acrylic box frames are, no-worry picture frames, with a built-in 3/8” spacer. Framers appreciate the simplicity of these frames, as art packages fit easily and just need to be screwed in place. These five-sided frames have an open back and come with a poplar strainer for mounting your artwork. This acrylic frame profile has a fixed depth and cannot be customized.
- Minimum size 6” x 6”
- Maximum size is 40” x 60”
- Frame is 1-11/16” deep (with 3/16” face)
- 3/8” acrylic recess
- Frosted sides
- Standard includes a 1/16” allowance.
- Mitered corners
- Each frame comes with a 3/4” poplar strainer or ask about a 1/2” strainer.
- Pre-drilled countersunk holes and #4 x 3/4” screws included.
- Standard hole placement is 3/8” from the back edge of the frame. You may specify non-standard allowances and hole placements as needed.
Face can be made with
- 3/16” clear acrylic
- 3/16” UV-filtering acrylic
Sides can be made with
- Clear acrylic
- Smokey acrylic
Recessed acrylic box frames have a frosted finish on the sides.
- Archival Backing
- Aluminum Honeycomb Mounting Panels
- 4mm aluminum composite panel such as Omegabond, Dibond, or E-panel
- Expanded PVC sheets such as KomaCel® or KomaTex®
Do you know the dimension you need?
- Our frames are ordered by inside dimension (ID) – basically, the size of the art. We automatically give the frame a 1/16” tolerance, unless you request otherwise.
- Acrylic box frames are frequently used with fabric-wrapped strainers which may make a larger tolerance necessary.
Have you considered screw hole placement?
Standard hole placement is 3/8” from the back edge of the frame to match our standard 3/4” x 1 3/8” poplar strainers. Custom hole placement is available upon request.
Have you reviewed the material and finishes options?
We offer a number of options for materials and finishes beyond the “standard”.