SmallCorp is a family-owned well, established company with approximately 40 employees, established in 1972. We manufacture museum-quality picture frames and exhibit cases, and many, many other items used in conservation and exhibition by museums, galleries, artists, and photographers. Most of our manufacturing is done in-house. We have a diverse range of technical capabilities and work with a wide variety of materials.
We are always looking for talented, thoughtful people. Do you have an Arts degree, framing, fabrication, or museum background?
Have exceptional technical skills?
If you answered yes, send us your resume!
Right now, we have an opening in our panel’s department, but we’re always willing to look at resumes for other areas.
- CAD Designer/Drafter
See individual postings below for more details.
Our Benefits Include
- Sick pay & PTO
- Lower than average employee contribution to medical insurance and dental Insurance is free
- 401k Retirement Savings (2021 match is up to $2,000)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Service Milestones
- SmallCorp matches dollar for dollar your donation to The United Way
- Prescription safety glasses program up to $200 every other year
- Free Deans Beans coffee all day every day!
- Swag bag after you’ve completed 30 days
Compensation: Competitive Wages and Benefits
Employment type: full-time
This position involves the interpretation of project details explained, sketched or inferred from design documents, photographs or other sources. Candidate will use Solidworks to produce isometric, 2-D, and 3-D drawings utilized in manufacturing as well as for the purpose of communicating joint layouts to contractors, architects and engineers. Drawings will be used to develop bills of materials and item parts for entry of orders.
- Create descriptive blueprints, models & assemblies for manufacturing using Solidworks 3D CAD
- Provide technical support to purchasing, fabrication/manufacturing, project managers regarding designs and engineering.
- Attend meetings with project managers, deliver and capture wanted design feature, provide technical expertise on design decisions.
- Directly collaborate with fabricators to troubleshoot manufacturing issues, drawing revisions, and resolve problems in the easiest, greenest, and most profitable manner
- Examine origins of fabrication, assembly, and design issues to determine quality improvements to improve efficiency for future jobs and practices
- Solidworks CAM and CNC programing experience a plus
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Solidworks CAD required
- CSWA Required (CSWP preferred)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Inventor, Adobe Reader(PDF), Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Weldments (preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor experience (preferred)
- Solidworks CAM experience (preferred)
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Drafting: 2 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks or Inventor: 2 years (Preferred)