SmallCorp is a family-owned, well established company with approximately 40 employees established in 1972. We manufacture museum-quality picture frames and exhibit cases, and many, many other items used in conservation and exhibition by museums, galleries, artists, and photographers. Most of our manufacturing is done in-house. We have a diverse range of technical capabilities and work with a wide variety of materials.
SmallCorp values innovation, integrity and forward-thinking. These core beliefs drive our operations as well as our relationships with both customers and employees, and help to make us an industry leader. We believe in contributing to the community, whether it be our local community – through volunteering and contributions to important causes and organizations, our art-based community – by maintaining the highest standards of quality workmanship and attentiveness to archival design and materials, and participation in associations that promote learning and growth, and to the world community through our environmental and social awareness.
We are always looking for talented, thoughtful people. Do you have an Arts degree, framing, fabrication, or museum background?
Have exceptional technical skills?
If you answered yes, send us your resume!
Right now, we have an opening in our panel’s department, but we’re always willing to look at resumes for other areas.
- CAD Designer/Drafter
See individual postings below for more details.
Our Benefits Include
- Medical Insurance is 78% paid by SmallCorp (state average is currently 67%)
- Dental Insurance is provided to employees at no cost
- State-administered Short Term Disability Insurance for a small weekly contribution
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 10 paid holidays and an occasional extra paid day off; additionally, veterans of the US Armed Forces also receive Veterans Day off with pay
- 5 Sick days – eligibility after 90 days
- Vacation time (PTO) – eligibility after 90-days
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Match – SmallCorp currently matches up to $2,000/year -eligibility after 1000 continuous hours worked (about 6-months)
- Employee hardship advances
- Service Milestone bonus for every 5 years you work at SmallCorp
- Annual bonuses based on estimated profit
- Higher Education reimbursement if relates to SmallCorp position
- Some flexibility in work scheduled may be available
- Free SmallCorp gear
- Free coffee all day, periodic pizza parties and cook-outs
Compensation: Competitive Wages and Benefits
Employment type: full-time
This position involves the interpretation of project details explained, sketched or inferred from design documents, photographs or other sources. Candidate will use Solidworks to produce isometric, 2-D, and 3-D drawings utilized in manufacturing as well as for the purpose of communicating joint layouts to contractors, architects and engineers. Drawings will be used to develop bills of materials and item parts for entry of orders.
- Create descriptive blueprints, models & assemblies for manufacturing using Solidworks 3D CAD
- Provide technical support to purchasing, fabrication/manufacturing, project managers regarding designs and engineering.
- Attend meetings with project managers, deliver and capture wanted design feature, provide technical expertise on design decisions.
- Directly collaborate with fabricators to troubleshoot manufacturing issues, drawing revisions, and resolve problems in the easiest, greenest, and most profitable manner
- Examine origins of fabrication, assembly, and design issues to determine quality improvements to improve efficiency for future jobs and practices
- Solidworks CAM and CNC programing experience a plus
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Solidworks CAD required
- CSWA Required (CSWP preferred)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Inventor, Adobe Reader(PDF), Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Weldments (preferred)
- Autodesk Inventor experience (preferred)
- Solidworks CAM experience (preferred)
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Drafting: 2 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks or Inventor: 2 years (Preferred)