SmallCorp is a family-owned well, established company with approximately 40 employees, established in 1972. We manufacture museum-quality picture frames and exhibit cases, and many, many other items used in conservation and exhibition by museums, galleries, artists, and photographers. Most of our manufacturing is done in-house. We have a diverse range of technical capabilities and work with a wide variety of materials.
We are always looking for talented, thoughtful people. Do you have an Arts degree, framing, fabrication, or museum background?
Have exceptional technical skills?
If you answered yes, send us your resume!
Right now, we have an opening in our panel’s department, but we’re always willing to look at resumes for other areas.
Our Benefits Include
- Sick pay & PTO
- Lower than average employee contribution to medical insurance and dental Insurance is free
- 401k Retirement Savings (2021 match is up to $2,000)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Service Milestones
- SmallCorp matches dollar for dollar your donation to The United Way
- Prescription safety glasses program up to $200 every other year
- Free Deans Beans coffee all day every day!
- Swag bag after you’ve completed 30 days
Panel & Deck Department Fabricator (Greenfield, MA)
Compensation: Competitive Wages and Benefits
Employment type: full-time
SmallCorp is looking for a Panel & Deck Fabricator. The primary duties are cutting, joining and finishing materials to support, store and display museum objects. Use of power and hand tools to cut aluminum sheets, aluminum honeycomb, paper, cloth, acrylic, wood, and composite sheets is required. This position is extremely detail-oriented!
• Must be able to use a tape measure to a 1/32. No exceptions!
• Must be able to read and comprehend shop drawings and written instructions
• Must ensure that quality standards are continually and consistently met
• Math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing are required
• Visual ability to see close up, see color, and adjust focus is key!
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, and walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to use hands to feel and handle and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The work can be physically demanding so a pre-employment physical will be required.
Must have reliable transportation
SmallCorp is a family-owned well, established company that started in 1972. With approximately 40 employees, we have a relatively small workforce and that means we can have a personal approach to working with employees. Our solar-powered facilities are climate-controlled, and our benefits include paid holidays and company-matched 401k (up to a specific amount). Not sure you have the technical skills but are willing to learn and have a good work ethic, we will train you for the job.
6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Monday through Friday, with overtime sometimes available.
How To Apply:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the job title in the subject line. Or you may drop off your resume at 19 Butternut Street, Greenfield. No phone calls please