Candy Box Frame
With the aesthetics of a frame and the functionality of a case, our Candy Box frames are perfect for traveling exhibits, artifacts going out on loan, or artwork that needs a little something extra. A powdercoated outer frame captures the glazing and fits over an inner floater frame, to provide powdercoated interior walls. The outer frame is secured to the floater frame by screwing into poplar blocking. This frame uses a standard poplar strainer or an aluminum honeycomb support panel.
- Frame Face available from 1-1/4 to 3”
- Frame Depth available from 1-1/4 to 5”
- Rear leg of floater frame is available from 2 to 4”
- Maximum Short Dimension: 96″
Maximum Long Dimension: 96″
- Minimum Short Dimension: 10″
Minimum Long Dimension: 10″
- Pre-drilled holes and #4 x 3/4” matching screws included.
- Standard hole placement is 1/2” from inside edge of floater frame back leg. You may specify non-standard hole placement as necessary.
- Poplar blocking is 1-3/8” wide x 3/4” deep
We have 18 different powdercoat colors and also offer brushed (grained) or random orbital (RO) sanded finish sides and face. Typically, the inner frame is powdercoated to match the outer frame, but you may choose an alternative, complementary powdercoat.
We do not offer a polished face for candy box frames, and we do not brush, polish, or apply a sanded finish on the interior of the frame.
Scroll down to see powdercoat chip chart or to request one.
- Acrylic Glazing
- Optium Museum Acrylic®
- Archival Backing
- Aluminum Honeycomb Mounting Panels
- 4mm aluminum composite panel such as Omegabond, Dibond, or E-panel
- Expanded PVC sheets such as KomaCel® or KomaTex®
Do you know the dimension you need?
- These frames require precise measurements for a proper fit. We need to know:
- Dimensions of the artwork plus reveal (this will be the exact ID of the floater frame)
- Thickness of glazing
- Inside depth of the floater
Have you considered screw hole placement?
Standard hole placement is 1/2” from inside edge of floater frame back leg. You may specify non-standard hole placement as necessary.